From Boy Collector to Businessman
Our founder, John Reznikoff, first discovered the world of baseball cards, philately, and autographs in 1969 as a precocious nine-year-old. Ten years later the ambitious young businessman first established and incorporated University Archives.
John has now been in business for over 40 years. In that time, he has examined, cataloged, appraised, purchased, and sold hundreds of thousands of documents related to American, European, and world history. His expertise in handwriting authentication has brought him to the Library of Congress, and to the offices of many branches of law enforcement. He is as equally comfortable on the set of the History Channel’s Pawn Stars as he is at international book fairs in Brooklyn, Boston, Manhattan, California, and London.
John’s reputation as a handwriting expert in the autograph industry is unparalleled. In addition to serving as an authenticator and questioned document examiner, he is also a respected collector, dealer, and auctioneer. He is the only expert to opine for both accepted third-party authentication services PSA and JSA. John is frequently asked to evaluate the authenticity of items by Christie’s, Sotheby’s, RR Auction, and largest rare book dealer in the world, Bauman Rare Books. CBS News called John’s expertise “the best in the world”.
• Contracted by Ralph Lauren to curate an exhibit nationwide in their stores of authentic Presidential relics, for a related book launch
• Appraiser for multiple high-value donations to Kenneth Rendell’s Museum of World War II, recently acquired by Ronald Lauder
• Sole appraiser and authenticator for the Patton Family Archives, a multi-million dollar archive donated to General Patton’s home town of Hamilton, MA
• Lead witness for the State vs. Doraine Reed, longest running criminal case on the CT docket. Testimony lead to the conviction of a forger
• Twice used as expert by New York Times in separate cases regarding authenticity and value of Presidential artifacts and manuscripts (George Washington and John F. Kennedy)
• Consulted as an expert for news article run by The Washington Post, NBC News, London’s Daily Mail, The Chicago Tribune, AOL, The New York Post, and more
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …