||Home » About John » Resume
- 2014 - Appeared on top investigative show "Inside Edition" as "an expert in historic signatures"
- 2014 - Authenticated and sold the Sang collection of Signers of the Declaration of Independence for more than $1,000,000
- 2014 - Filmed two episodes on the American Heroes Channel as manuscript and historical expert
- 2014 - Testified in Federal Court as appraiser and relic and manuscript authenticator. Largely responsible for nearly $7,000,000 verdict against the country of Venezuela
- 2013 - Filmed with National Geographic Channel (NGC) for documentary detailing the Kennedy Assassination
- 2013 - Appeared on Fox TV and ABC TV as "leading document and signature authenticator"
- 2013 - Appeared in New York Times Antiques section with photo credit and significant mention concerning the Kennedy Assassination
- 2012 - 2013 - Appeared and featured as an expert on several episodes of VH1's new pop culture show "For What Its Worth", hosted by Howard Stern sidekick, Gary Dell'Abate (Baba Booey)
- 2012 - Present - Provided authenticity opinions for many items on Pawn Stars. Assisted recurring book and manuscript expert
- 2012 - 2013 - Filmed and appeared in two episodes of "History Detectives" on PBS as document examiner - included subjects were Star Spangled Banner and Valley Forge map
- 2012 - Sold the longest known handwritten letter of Thomas Jefferson - 49 pages
- 2012 - Present - Voted to the prestigious Board of Universal Autograph Collectors Club (UACC)
- 2011 - Authenticated and sold important Lincoln archive, priced at $1.6 million.
- 2011 - Authenticated and sold arguably most important Robert E. Lee letter to his brother resigning his U. S. Army commission to take up arms for the Confederacy (Sothebys estimate $400,000 - $600,000)
- 2011 - Authenticated and sold most important Supreme Court item: Justice John McLean's draft for dissenting opinion in Dred Scott case
- 2011 - Handwriting and relic expert on Charles Lindbergh for a July 2011 episode of "History Detectives"
- 2011 - Hired by The History Channel as handwriting expert for "Custer's Last Man: I Survived Little Big Horn".
- 2011 - Featured on "This American Life" series on NPR Radio, February 2011.
- 2010 - 2011 - Multiple questioned document cases including testimony and deposition. In one case, testimony in court led to arrest of defendant for forgery.
- 2010 - Introduced the first-ever YouTube video series on authenticating signatures of famous people
- 2010 - Made worldwide news by purchasing President Barack Obama's Jeep
- 2009 - IADA (International Autograph Dealers Association) Person of the Year, 2009
- 2009 - Universal Autograph Collector’s Club Names John Reznikoff “Autograph Dealer of the Year” for 2009!
Click under “Hall of Fame” at UACC’s website
- 2008 Helped Vanity Fair Magazine disprove the claim of an individual posing as President John F. Kennedy's son.
- 2008 Featured in New York Times article
- 2007-2008 Hired by private individual in handwriting case involving Earthlink with $300,000,000 at dispute
- 2006-Present Hired by State Government as handwriting expert in 3 murder cases, one of them a Death Penalty case.
- 2007 Authenticator and consultant and guest on "History Detectives", a PBS television program.
- 2006-present Expert for the 2nd largest concern of its kind, James Spence Authentication. Only authenticator to opine for both #1 PSA/DNA and # 2 JSA.
- 2006-present Trained with forensic experts on the most advanced document examination machine available the Video Spectral Comparator . Purchased the VSC4plus, not available to the general public, making him the only individual dealer in the trade to employ such a device.
- Expert witness for Collectors Universe in $10 Million lawsuit.
- 2005-present Authenticator and consultant for Bauman Rare Books, Madison Avenue, the largest rare book dealer in the world.
- 2005 Authenticator for the Henry Luhrs collection, a multi-million dollar auction at Heritage Americana, focusing primarily on Abraham Lincoln.
- 2006 First approved authenticator/appraiser for UACC, the largest trade organization in the field. Sole person designated to opine on "Famous figures" at that time, 2006
- Designated authenticator for American and Historical Autographs for the largest and most respected service of its kind, PSA/DNA...the last word in authenticity.
- Authenticator and consultant for R&R Auctions, one of the largest concerns of its kind, 2003-present
- Consulted by CNN, ESPN, The Boston Herald, and The St. Petersburg Times, regarding the authenticity of the Ted Williams bio-stasis preservation document. - 2002
- Authenticator and consultant for MastroNet, Inc., a conglomerate of memorabilia auctioneers with an excess of $30 million in annual sales, 2001 - 2008.
- Engaged by The Albert Schweitzer Institute for Humanities to value and market their huge archive of materials to be de-accessioned. Marketed and arranged a sale that grossed a six-figure payment from another institution in 2001.
- Plaintiff's expert witness in Joey Giardello vs. Universal Pictures et al. Evaluated harm caused Giardello by misrepresentation in the hit movie "The Hurricane". Report was instrumental in achieving a major financial settlement.
- Expert for the United States Department of Justice in one of the largest civil actions ever filed against the Government, in which the Nixon family sought $210 million in compensation for the taking of his papers. Consulted on authenticity and value, 1998-1999. In a report used in testimony, appraised the archive at $1.5 million, which approximated the June, 2000 settlement of $18 million (accounting for 25 years of compounded interest). Instrumental in saving U.S. Taxpayers $190 million.
- Expert witness on behalf of George Pickett V, involving a dispute concerning the papers and artifacts of Gen. George Pickett of "Pickett's Charge" fame. Testified on authenticity and value. Our client won a verdict approaching seven figures, which matched our appraisal, 1999.
- Agent and spokesperson for Peggy Davis, owner of moon rock valued at $1 million. Successfully challenged NASA, who seized the artifact, and helped secure its return, 2000.
- Appraised the Johnson family papers, a historically important archive containing multiple letters of Abigail and John Adams, for IRS donation purposes.
- Authenticated and appraised the Hemingway Papers of A.E. Hotchner.
- Authenticated and appraised Hemingway's first book, signed and inscribed to his first wife, on behalf of Jack Hemingway and the Library of Congress.
- Appraised the Charles A. Lindbergh checks which purchased the "Spirit of St. Louis".
- Aided the New York Grand Jury in securing an indictment and conviction of the perpetrator of a major manuscript fraud in 1998.
- Purchased the largest Presidential bill-signing pen collection in private hands, including pens used by Lincoln, FDR, JFK, and LBJ.
- Purchased and marketed the papers of Constitution signer John Langdon, which realized $700,000.00 in sales in 1997-1998.
- Purchased and marketed the papers of Congressman Neal Smith, Robert Bauman, Albert Quie, Sam Devine and several others, 1995-present.
- Have purchased and marketed dozens of collections in the six and seven figure range.
- Expert witness for numerous civil and criminal cases, including the Bartlett Tree Company embezzlement case.
- Expert witness for the defense of Historical Documents, Inc. regarding the famous John Paul Getty diaries. Helped in setting the archives value at approximately $2 million. Report was instrumental in causing the Getty family to settle before trial in 1996.
- Worked undercover in a sting operation with postal inspectors to apprehend a postal felon in 1985.
- Fordham University, double major of political science and anthropology, 1978-1981
Publications, Press and Lectures
- Contributing editor of Autograph Collector. Authored dozens of articles from 1995-2009.
- Authored complete chapters in The Sanders Price Guide to Autographs, both third, fourth and seventh editions in 1994, 1996 and 2009 on the subject of authentication.
- Authored numerous articles in Manuscripts, Pen and Quill, Linn's, American Philatelist and other trade publications from 1985-present.
- Appeared on Good Morning, America, Extra, Court TV and other television media 1985-present.
- Appeared on hundreds of radio stations worldwide, currently host of What's It Worth? on WICC radio.
- Have appeared in hundreds of publications worldwide including The New York Times, Smithsonian, Millionaire, and Newsweek from 1980-present.
- Have lectured extensively on manuscripts to various groups from 1985-present.
- Have Guinness Book of World's Records entry for related field.
- UACC Board of Directors Member, 2012 - present.
- President of the International Autograph Dealers Association, 2001-2002.
- Vice President of the International Autograph Dealers Association, 1998-2000.
- Recipient of the Mary A. Benjamin Outstanding Achievement Award for Establishing the IACC/DA Authenticating Service, 1999
- Conceived and founded the Professional Autographs Dealers Association. Past Vice-President 1993-1997.
- (candidate), New England Association of Appraisers
- Charter member of the Universal Autograph Collectors Club.
- Member, American College of Forensic Examiners.
- One of the select few in the industry to be chosen as a Sotheby's Associate for Internet Auctions, 1999-2002.